From Buenos Aires to Barcelona, Mississippi to Mauritania, this collection demonstrates the influence of the Blues on musicians in every corner of the world.
Blues Around the World:
- Listen My Son - The Unseen Guest (Ireland/India)
- Canceriano Sem Lar - Blues Etilicos (Brazil)
- No Way Out - Big Mama and Victor Uris (Catalonia/Spain)
- La Flaca - Jarabe De Palo (Spain)
- Back Around - Bonnie Raitt with Habib Koite (USA/Mali)
- Ouallache - Amar Sundy (Mauritania)
- I Got a Feeling - Otis Spann (USA)
- Don't Ever Let Nobody Drag Your Spirit Down - Eric Bibb, Rory Block and Maria Muldaur (USA)
- Playing Mahjong - Long-ge (Taiwan)
- Slide Blues - Botafogo (Argentina)
- Catfish Blues - Taj Mahal Meets the Culture Musical Club of Zanzibar (USA/Zanzibar)
A portion of Putumay's proceeds from the sale of this CD are donated to Music Maker Relief Foundation in support of their efforts to help the true pioneers and forgotten heroes of Southern musical tradition.